Oct 28, 2022
In this episode of the Defence Connect Podcast, Ben
Kelly — director, protected vehicles at Thales
Australia — and John Fry — general
manager at Kongsberg — discuss their joint efforts
to develop next-generation, land-based maritime strike
capability for the Australian Defence Force.
Topics discussed include:
- Leveraging the tried-and-tested Bushmaster PMV to develop a new
mobile strike platform, the StrikeMaster.
- The evolution of the program, from concept to
proposal for LAND 4100 Phase 2.
- Thales and Kongsberg’s sovereign collaboration and their
respective contributions to the project.
- Features and capabilities of the StrikeMaster, including the
range of missile systems.
- The strategic importance of the capability and its deployment
Enjoy the podcast,
The Defence Connect Team